Re: Moving from 2.4.17 (CentOS 7) to 3.0.7 (RHEL 8)

On Monday, March 15, 2021, at 11:24 PM, Simon Wilson wrote:
1. How to set up squatter in rolling mode on 3.0.7. 2.
Got that sorted as noted above. I had to run some reconstructs on the old server, but then replication was set up to 3.0, followed by squatter using the sync_log.

Whether I need to do anything new for quota management Incidentally - the "quota" utility is not present on my RHEL 8 install of Cyrus 3.0.7 - is this a known issue?
Also sorted, replicated mailboxes come in with quotas intact, and running cyr_quota (doh) works fine

3. I have set altnamespace: 0 to match what I have on the old server - will that retain the old behaviour? Any issues with migration, sieve? Mailboxes appear to have replicated ok, including one with a dot, which has a folder structure of name^name.
I've set the 3.0 server to run with altnamespace: 1, and all seems well, although I've not yet tried hooking into it from Horde to see how it handles the changed namespace. Replication still works OK, even with altnamespace: 0 on the old server replicating to altnamespace: 1 on the new. I managed to get translatesieve to work, although a bug in the 3.0.7 version generated lots of errors:
bash-4.4$  /usr/libexec/cyrus-imapd/translatesieve -u -n
you are using /var/lib/imap/sieve as your sieve directory.
translating sievedir /var/lib/imap/sieve... not converting separator.
converting name space from traditional to alternative.
error: couldn't chdir to portables
error: couldn't chdir to private
error: couldn't chdir to tpm
error: couldn't chdir to polkit-1
error: couldn't chdir to rsyslog
error: couldn't chdir to NetworkManager
error: couldn't chdir to setroubleshoot
error: couldn't chdir to udisks2
error: couldn't chdir to rhsm
error: couldn't chdir to mlocate
error: couldn't chdir to postfix
Those are all folders in /var/lib - so the 3.0.7 version SAYS it is trying to run in /var/lib/imap/sieve, but is actually trying to run in /var/lib... :-O
I tried with translatesieve from 3.0.15 and it works ok, so presumably this was a bug picked up along the way.

4. Is a "shutdown file missing, updating recovery stamp" message normal on restart of cyrus-imapd
Still nothing on this one - I've not been able to find anything about location of a "shutdown file"

5. New question - after replication from 2.4 to 3.0 and once I have stopped replication and am running with the new one, do I need to run reconstructs on the 3.0 replicated mailboxes? e.g. -V max, etc.? Simon
Once I'm fully migrated I'll dig some more into this.