Archiving old email?

I have some users whose mail folders are approaching 2GB in size. Unfortunately they can't delete any of this mail, but that doesn't mean that it needs to be lugged around, indexed, and copied to local mail caches as part of a live mail system. I find that the probability of needing to look at mail more than 5 years old is roughly 0%/year.

I was going to ask if anyone had any ideas about archiving old mail, but then noticed that cyrus 3.0 is going to support some kind of archiving system:

Archive support has arrived! Requires addition of an archive partition. (See archive_* options in imapd.conf)

Can anyone elaborate on what this actually means?

----
To Unsubscribe: