Ongoing inaccessible mailbox woes

When I upgraded from 2.4.17 to 2.5.3, I had one user who experienced inaccessible mail folders post upgrade. Running reconstruct:

   # systemctl stop cyrus-master
   # su - cyrus
   # /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -r -f user/djones
   # <Ctrl>-d
   # systemctl start cyrus-master

temporarily resolved the problem, but then it came back, so I thought this might be a 2.5.3 bug. I just upgraded to 2.5.7, and the problem persists. Furthermore, running reconstruct no longer brings the mail messages back and I get the following error messages during the reconstruction on precisely the folders which are not accessible:

user/djones/World Mission Conference
user/djones/World Mission Conference/2008
user/djones/World Mission Conference/2011
createmailbox user.djones.Archives Staff.Keely Davis: Mailbox already exists
createmailbox user.djones.Archives Staff.Lauren Kelsey: Mailbox already exists createmailbox user.djones.Archives Staff.Stacey Williams: Mailbox already exists
createmailbox user.djones.Archives Staff.Drew Smith: Mailbox already exists
createmailbox user.djones.Archives Staff.Whitney: Mailbox already exists
createmailbox user.djones.Archives Staff.Delia Alexander: Mailbox already exists createmailbox user.djones.Archives Staff.Whitney Howell: Mailbox already exists createmailbox user.djones.Archives Staff.Former Staff: Mailbox already exists createmailbox user.djones.Archives Staff.Julia Miller: Mailbox already exists createmailbox user.djones.Archives Staff.Weekly Reports: Mailbox already exists createmailbox user.djones.Archives Staff.Eleanor Meuller: Mailbox already exists createmailbox user.djones.Archives Staff.Corrine Smith.Inquiries: Mailbox already exists createmailbox user.djones.Archives Staff.Corrine Smith.Destruction: Mailbox already exists createmailbox user.djones.Archives Staff.Corrine Smith.SharePoint: Mailbox already exists

The folders and files in the filesystem look completely ordinary and have the correct permissions. However, under user/djones, this user has the following mail folders:

drwx------  18 cyrus mail   98304 Dec  7 11:11 Archives Staff
drwx------   5 cyrus mail    4096 Oct  3 05:21 Archives Staff Retreat

Now I'm starting to wonder if there isn't some kind of folder name length bug at work here (maybe just in reconstruct?) so that the mail folders

  Archives Staff
  Archives Staff Retreat

are being seen by reconstruct as the same folder?

I'm kind of grasping at straws here, unfortunately. Last time this happened, Bron suggested that I needed to set up logging with debugging turned on. If this is the only way to get to the bottom of this, I guess I'll have to do that. (Since the mail server is a systemd system, traditional syslog logging is not turned on by defaul and will require some effort to enable.)

----
To Unsubscribe: