Re: Assessment criteria for decision on in-person/virtual IETF 108

On 4/20/20 4:56 AM, tom petch wrote:

Keith, were I to do a risk analysis, I would base it on the peer-reviewed articles I have read and surmise that herd immunity may never be achieved, that three strains have been identified so far and reinfection is happening although the evidence so far is small and it may be that this is a virus that mutates rapidly.

I guess I see (at least) two kinds of risk that are only loosely related to one another:  (1) the risk that it's not safe to travel and attend meetings; (2) the risk that people are unwilling to attend meetings (whether out of a perception of lack of safety, increased expense/overhead, crippled economy, etc.).   It makes sense to evaluate both.

Keith

p.s. I've also seen peer-reviewed articles that were somewhat more optimistic.   I think it will be awhile before the dust settles.