Re: [Last-Call] NomCom eligibility & IETF 107

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 6:07 AM Martin J. Dürst <duerst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I agree with most others on this list that the proposal now in Last Call
(with the agreed tweaks) is definitely good enough.

In addition to what has been said, in my understanding, IETF consensus
can change rules at any time and in any way. Of course, arbitrary or
capricious rule changes are a bad idea, but this case is far from
arbitrary or capricious, it's just one very reasonable way to deal with
the problem.

I hope that whoever is in charge of this discussion can soon declare
(rough) consensus on the issue that is being debated the most, so that
we can move forward. I wrote this mail only to help with this.

It is Not *right* to declare consensus or not until the end of the IETF LC.
I hope who is in charge to reply to me if I am mistaken, because I am unaware of special rules.

AB

Regards,   Martin.