Re: New Version Notification for draft-resnick-variance-00.txt

On 28 Mar 2020, at 15:15, John C Klensin wrote:

(I think some
variation on Pete's draft is a good idea for multiple reasons,
but  this is not the time and doing it in haste would be
unwise.)

I have no problem putting that document on ice for a while. It was an attempt to come up with a way to avoid publishing a BCP for the 2020-2021 NomCom (or any) variance. But it already sounds like people would want more time to ponder the limits of it or be convinced that it's actually a good idea, so it's unlikely to get published in time for it to make a difference.

I might publish an update today with the suggestions that people made so far, just to have it there if/when we want to get back to it, but I see no need to keep discussing it if it's not going to move through quickly.

pr
--
Pete Resnick https://www.episteme.net/
All connections to the world are tenuous at best