Re: Resignation request

Hi Sander,

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020, at 20:44, Sander Steffann wrote:
> > Not judging one way or another (that is not my job) - but asking for resignation via a message like would be a request that falls outside the IETF process. If there is any discontent with decisions an AD made (such as when you believe a decision was made in error), the IESG has an appeals process that should be followed.
> >
> > https://www.ietf.org/standards/process/appeals/
>
> That is going on in parallel.
>
> But this action is so disrespectful to the community that I feel more is needed.

It don't work like that. To me it seems somewhat questionable to accuse someone of not following a process and at the same time side-stepping process. You can of course respectfully disagree as professionals, but please avoid launching a witch hunt is dangerous and should be avoided.

>From some of the messages I read I understand there is real tension in the WG and emotions all over the place, but we have a documented process *FOR EXACTLY THIS PURPOSE*. Take a deep breath and follow it. A multi-pronged effort to discredit individuals outside the defined parameters which within we all agreed to work together is not productive.

The IETF leadership (from WG secretary all the way up to the IETF Chair) is purposefully designed as a multi-tiered structure to create additional opportunity to review any decisions made. It has happened many times before that consensus calls were called into question, it is a mechanical endeavor that is best enjoyed with a cool head.

Kind regards,

Job