Re: Resignation request

Sander Steffann wrote on 02/03/2020 20:32:
Steamrolling a draft through a working group completely undermines
the whole idea of the IETF and greatly damages it trustworthiness and
reliability.  By bluntly declaring consensus despite all of the
objections within two hours of the latest version of the draft being
published I feel that Martin Vigoureux has lost the credibility as an
AD. I strongly feel a resignation is in order at this point.

There's been a really serious breach of due process here. The issues that cropped up on around draft-ietf-spring-srv6-network-programming are subtle and not easily resolved. What is beginning to emerge as consensus is that there are underlying problems with 8200 that need examination and careful resolution.

Frankly, it is rather difficult to see how the srv6 draft can progress without this clarification.

For sure there's no basis for someone to throw a couple of extra sentences into a draft and then for an AD to declare consensus two hours later - and before anyone's had the chance to even read the draft.

At the very least, the consensus judgement needs to be rolled back. I respectfully suggest that Martin needs to recuse himself from any further involvement with this draft, and that he should consider whether his actions are compatible with continuing to be an AD.

Nick