Re: Resignation request

On 3/2/20 3:54 PM, Job Snijders wrote:

It don't work like that. To me it seems somewhat questionable to accuse someone of not following a process and at the same time side-stepping process. You can of course respectfully disagree as professionals, but please avoid launching a witch hunt is dangerous and should be avoided.

Witch hunts are indeed bad, but public airing of issues is one of the ways that IETF has kept itself honest throughout its history.   I don't think it's appropriate to expect people to air such issues only through back channels.  Transparency is essential.

Of course, people should take care to judge such complaints on their actual merits (if they choose to investigate in detail), not on the volume of traffic or on how vituperative it is.

I hope these documents get thorough review from the wider community and not just from within the working group.

Keith