Re: Thought experiment [Re: Quality of Directorate reviews]

On Thu, Nov 07, 2019 at 05:42:19PM -0800, Bob Hinden wrote:
> >> In other words, the IESG simply busy-waits until all review issues
> >> have been resolved, rather than finding and fixing the issues
> >> personally.
> >
> > Let's be clear: that means that reviewers are expected to engage with authors
> > to get the issues resolved.  This might surprise some reviewers.
>
> Or better, the Document Shepard takes an active role to get the issues resolved.

The shepherd already has to write a summary, including a summary of
review obtained among other things, so we already have the right process
for making sure reviews don't get dropped.

But sure, WG chairs, ADs, and shepherds can also make sure to educate
reviewers.

Nico