Re: Thought experiment [Re: Quality of Directorate reviews]

Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > One more comment and then an alternative thought experiment:
    > On 08-Nov-19 08:44, Nico Williams wrote:
    > Anyway: my new experiment would be one that the IESG could decide to
    > start tomorrow. It's simply that the IESG would only ever issue one form
    > of DISCUSS ballot, which would look like this:

    > Pat Areadirector has entered the following ballot position for
    > draft-ietf-somewg-somedraft-99: Discuss
    > DISCUSS:

    > There are still open issues from the following reviews:
    > <links to reviews>

okay, interesting idea.

    > In other words, the IESG simply busy-waits until all review issues
    > have been resolved, rather than finding and fixing the issues
    > personally.

Let's be clear: that means that reviewers are expected to engage with authors
to get the issues resolved.  This might surprise some reviewers.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-