Re: Quality of Directorate reviews

On Nov 6, 2019, at 12:03, Ralph Droms <rdroms.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We shouldn't be depending on last-minute quality checks to maintain the quality of our output.  Working groups should be producing documents that are ready to publish, and develop trust that their documents are high quality.

Yes.

But please do keep in mind that after having worked a couple of years on a document, the WG might no longer see things that a fresh look will uncover.  I think getting that fresh look is one of the great features of the multi-step review process we have.  Also, there is the simple fact of serendipity!  (Which is not very structured, and someone schooled in quality processes will hate, but creating quality is not really a controlled process anyway…)

Grüße, Carsten