Re: NomCom 2019 Call for Community Feedback

Rich,

> On Nov 4, 2019, at 11:54 AM, Salz, Rich <rsalz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I wonder what people think would break if we moved to 5 AD's per area, and they could divide the WG's and IESG concalls amongst themselves?

Why stop there, how about one AD per working group?

I hope this helps makes it clear that more authority should go to the w.g. chairs, adding more AD won’t scale.   The NomCom needs to be selecting people who are not the best technical experts in an area, but who know enough to make sure that adequate review has been done in the working groups, verify directorate reviews, and that last call comments have been addressed.   They don’t need to do detailed technical reviews themselves.   They especially don’t need to do editorial reviews.

This might also allow the ADs to spend more time on working group charters to insure that the working group has the appropriate scope.

Bob