Re: Planned experiment: A new mailing list for last-call discussions

On 9/15/19 11:28 PM, Melinda Shore wrote:

There are myriad little ways in which we end up inadvertently
excluding input based on criteria that don't have much to do
with technical chops.  This is one of them.  It may be a price
we're willing to pay in order to have free-ranging and
unfettered discussions but we've never really made that
decision.

I think it's interesting that people keep talking about the effect of being inclusive, to exclude input from other people, as if this is some sort of inherent and unresolvable tussle.

Is there some way we can be inclusive to both sets of people?

Keith