Re: Why do we need to go with 128 bits address space ?

I should have been little more careful.
I saw the upper part of the graph crossing
800000 mark. I thought that might
be the current state. Well, it may be
somewhere in between 700000 &
800000, but not very much away from the
800000 mark.

Thanks for your correction.

On Wed, 4 Sep 2019, 19:13 Alexandre Petrescu <alexandre.petrescu@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Le 04/09/2019 à 13:46, shyam bandyopadhyay a écrit :

> On Wednesday, September 4, 2019, Masataka Ohta
> <mohta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:mohta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     shyam bandyopadhyay wrote:
>
>     Welcome back.
>
>     True, and rfc2374, though obsoleted, shows a very good
>     way to do so.
>
>     Though the rfc limit the number of global routing table
>     entries 8k, which many people says too restrictive,
>     we must make the number below reasonably small constant,
>     anyway.
>
> BGP report (https://bgp.potaroo.net) shows
> number of entries in the routing table
> has crossed 800000 mark.

Has it?

Last time I checked it was in the 700k ball mark.

Alex