Re: Why do we need to go with 128 bits address space ?

Le 04/09/2019 à 13:46, shyam bandyopadhyay a écrit :

On Wednesday, September 4, 2019, Masataka Ohta <mohta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mohta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    shyam bandyopadhyay wrote:

    Welcome back.

    True, and rfc2374, though obsoleted, shows a very good
    way to do so.

    Though the rfc limit the number of global routing table
    entries 8k, which many people says too restrictive,
    we must make the number below reasonably small constant,
    anyway.

BGP report (https://bgp.potaroo.net) shows
number of entries in the routing table
has crossed 800000 mark.

Has it?

Last time I checked it was in the 700k ball mark.

Alex

Solution for site multihoming will give some relief,
then it will start growing again. I guess something
has to be done to restrict this growth.

Thanks.