Re: Sergeant-at-Armss and New proposal/New SOW comment period

On Sun, Sep 1, 2019 at 4:37 PM Randy Bush <randy@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On the other hand, I, and I suspect others, don't really want to wade
> through the IETF mailing list in order to follow this discussion.

otoh, some of us do not want to subscribe to yet another mailing list
for ietf administrivia.  but yes, it is a trade-off to fork or not to
fork when a sub-subject is hot on some list.

Given the amount of heat that this topic seems to produce, I'm not sure I would call it "administrivia"

do folk not have delete and delete-thread keys?

Of course, but I don't generally think that imposing the cost of thread management on every reader is usually a good tradeoff when we have clearly distinct subjects. After all, taken to its conclusion, one could argue we don't need separate mailing lists at all.

-Ekr

randy