Re: Errata Processing Stats/Queue?

Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    > On 2019-08-09 00:35, Randy Bush wrote:
    >>> ** I checked Google, DuckDuckGo, Bing and Yahoo for rfc1234. tools.ietf.org
    >>> came first each time.
    >>
    >> i checked my fingers, and tools is where thry go

    > And to be clear, I'll be perfectly happy to work at deploying this on
    > tools, but I'm not assuming it's going to happen without putting a
    > number of hours into integrating the code from the inline errata
    > display project for use
    > there.  I expect to look at that after I'm back from vacation, and can
    > find  some free time.

From what I can see the rfc-editor.org HTML-ized version seems to be
almost identical to that from tools.  (On my screen the font is slightly
smaller, but that might be a local thing)

What if we put a redirect from tools.ietf.org/html/rfcXXXX to
rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfcXXXX.html?

The DT should probably point RFC documents to rfc-editor.org, rather than
tools.ietf.org.   For Internet-Drafts, it seems like we ought to bring the
HTML rendering into DT.  A reason why the tools.ietf.org copy of the
RFC (and Internet draft) gets a higher SEO is because it's the one that
is easiest to link to a particular section.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-