Re: why is it still mandatary to have Jabber scribing for WG session given Etherpad can allow anyone to post questions?

On Aug 7, 2019, at 19:18, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Indeed, the jabber scribe is now to all intents and purposes a jabber relay.
>
> I think it always was. We tried to change that terminology in RFC 7649
> but the terminology was already set in stone.

Yes, and Internet standards are called Proposed Standards unless they are called Internet Standards.

We are pretty good at using (and actually defending) terminology that is consistently confusing new people, unless each use of the terminology is combined with an explanation and an apology.

Why are we doing that?

Grüße, Carsten