Re: We gotta stop meeting like this

Dear Stephan,

On Fri, Aug 02, 2019 at 09:06:47AM +0000, Stephan Wenger wrote:
> I know little of the topics discussed, but found Michael's Py's
> message by no means unprofessional.  To me, it was just fine.  I'm
> writing this in the hopes that you adjust the bar where you get active
> just ever so slightly upwards (towards tolerance!).

My interpretation of Michel Py's message is that their mesage was
cynical in nature and off-topic. This thread was not about NAT or IPv6.
By falsely attributing aspects of the Internet's current state of
affairs to an individual, an unfriendly environment is created and this
in turn makes productive discussion harder. Referring to the collective
as "lunatics" can't be considered professional conduct either.

The Sergeant-at-arms was right to flag the message as inappropriate, and
courteous to first reach out privately. I hope they will continue to
monitor our messages and will not be discouraged by your request to
'adjust the bar'. If anything, Py should've reviewed whether their
message met the bar before hitting send.

Should anyone have questions about - disagree with - an assessment made
by the sergeant-at-arms, I recommend to first reach out to them
privately to request more information to help shape context. When such
dialogue doesn't conclude in a satisfactory way, the escalation path is
to reach out to the IAB.

I'm open to continue this sub-thread with the referenced parties, but
would like to request we do so off-list.

Kind regards,

Job