Re: baffled Re: Energy saving as an IETF goal (mostly, I hope. off topic)

I asked my partner if she'd support a move to twice yearly F2F at hubs
(less flying overall, less flights per trip since hub-based) and
teleconference even given the timezone consequences and she said
emphatically yes.

>From a personal perspective, I think we could reduce net carbon cost
on our process and impact on family, if we went to two, stopped
demanding multi-hop segment flight, and used remote processes more
effectively.

I hate to say it, but in the light of Christian Huitema's excellent
research work on impact/delay I think its possible we'd actually be
more productive, if we constrained our interminable wordsmithing, and
avoided microphone queues.

-George