Re: baffled Re: Energy saving as an IETF goal

The work of the IETF is to develop and publish protocol specifications. It is absolutely unclear to me that the way we're currently going about it is the most productive approach or produces the best quality documents (or the most relevant, but that's a separate question).   What we're doing is certainly expensive, and has a considerable footprint, and it strikes me as completely reasonable to reexamine the question of work modalities.

At any rate I'd really like to see the discussion anchored to and driven by what it is we actually do.

Melinda