Re: We gotta stop meeting like this

On 7/23/19 11:18 AM, Eric Gray wrote:

Look at the impact of near-zero cost mailing (in the form of E-Mail) on the tremendous volume of trash we all receive, even after filtering, and extend that to zero cost participation in the IETF.

There is value in having to pass some form of "is it worth it" test - no matter who will be actually paying for it.

ok, thanks for explaining.   I'm not sure that access to money is a good filter, but I get your point.

(I was wondering about maybe requiring participants to answer questions about IP networks.   e.g. "How many bits are in an IP address?"  correct answer: 128 :)

Keith