Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: We gotta stop meeting like this

If the cost went to zero, then would the WGs start to resemble YouTube comment streams? Would we lose an important filtering function? How would we build personal trust?

From: ietf <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx> on behalf of Kathleen Moriarty <kathleen.moriarty.ietf@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 11:15 AM
To: Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: IETF <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: We gotta stop meeting like this

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 11:12 AM Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/23/19 10:48 AM, Eric Gray wrote:
> I would also point out that zero (or near zero) cost participation should not be a goal.

I disagree.   But perhaps you would care to explain why you believe this?

Perhaps this depends on where the costs rest.  Is it with participants, sponsors, or both?  I'm not stating an opinion, but acknowledging that there will be costs and the funding comes from somewhere even if it is donated resources from sponsors.

--

Best regards,
Kathleen