Re: Evolving Documents (nee "Living Documents") side meeting at IETF105.)

On 7/19/19 6:10 AM, Ted Lemon wrote:

 Cross-area review is a good thing, and I don’t want to get rid of it.  But there is an extreme that it can reach that causes harm.  It is not, shall we say, guaranteed to always be done right.

No, of course not.  Anybody can be wrong.   Both the WG and the reviewer can be wrong, or (more likely) both partially right and wrong in conflicting ways.   Ideally the differing views result in an improved understanding for everybody, though of course this doesn't always happen.

I also see no reason to have a presumption, for example, that a WG is "right" in a matter that is outside of its subject area.

Keith