Re: RFC Series Editor (RSE) Statement of Work

On 15 Jul 2019, at 9:47, Sarah Banks wrote:

This isn't a "yes/no" comment, but rather, a bit of colour - I think requiring the experience with having written an RFC means the candidate would have been through the process previously and hence, has some experience with it.

Heather Flanagan did not have RFC writing experience before she became the RSE. Thus, the one data point we have speaks against this as even a desirable skill.

Also, it's not a requirement, just a desirable skill :)

Then the SOW needs to be revised. "Experience as an RFC author desired" is listed in a section called "EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:". In fact, three of the five bullets in that section, and the first bullet of the next section, confuse "desired" and "required".

--Paul Hoffman