RE: Future adjustment of nomcom company limits (Was: Re: Nomcom 2019-2020: Result of random selection process)

Brian,

Here are the sections of RFC 7347 used to determine who votes for what and
what constitutes quorum...

5.5.  Voting Mechanism

   The Chair must establish a voting mechanism.

   The committee must be able to objectively determine when a decision
   has been made during its deliberations.  The criteria for determining
   closure must be established and known to all members of the
   nominating committee.

5.6.  Voting Quorum

   At least a quorum of committee members must participate in a vote.

   Only voting volunteers vote on a candidate selection.  For a
   candidate selection vote, a quorum is comprised of at least seven of
   the voting volunteers.

   At all other times, a quorum is present if at least 75% of the
   nominating committee members are participating.

In section 5.6 - it says that Only voting volunteers vote on a candidate
selection.  "At all other times" quorum is 75% of the nominating committee
members.  So, I took "nominating committee members" to mean the voting
members, chair, past-chair, advisors, and liaisons.  So anytime a decision
needs to be taken that requires a vote that is NOT a candidate selection
vote, is voted on by the whole team.

In section 5.6, I view "voting volunteers" as a subset of the 'nominating
committee members" that can vote on candidate selection.  "At all other
times" it takes the full committee.

Hope this clears up what I said about voting.

Regards,
-scott.