Re: Future adjustment of nomcom company limits (Was: Re: Nomcom 2019-2020: Result of random selection process)

On 09-Jul-19 04:52, Michael Richardson wrote:

> Scott Mansfield <scott.mansfield@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     > First off:  Need two terms clearly defined:
>
>     > Voting Volunteers
>     > Non-Voting Volunteers
>
> These were always poor words.
>
> On non-selecting votes (such as when to have a meeting, whether to approve a
> questionnaire, approving voting proceedures, whether to adjourne a meeting,
> etc), all committee members have usually voted.

It rather shocks me that you include "whether to approve a questionnaire,
approving voting proceedures" here. It seems to me that for those decisions,
the liaisons should sit back. (They would certainly provide input to the
questionnaires, of course.)

   Brian (once a liaison to NomCom, many years ago)