Re: Choices or language and tone (was: Re: RFC Series Editor Resignation)

--On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 20:44 -0400 Alissa Cooper <alissa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> As I mentioned to you off-list, your request below for Ben to
> use his inside voice is demeaning, unprofessional language
> that is not suitable for the IETF discussion list, per RFC
> 3005. Repeated use of unprofessional language may be deterring
> others from voicing their opinion for fear of being
> disrespected. It is important that everyone in the community
> feels comfortable enough to express their own views on the
> IETF discussion list if they choose to do so.

Alissa:

Mike has raised some topics that need discussion, but the tone does worry me.  I believe the tone is keeping others from voicing their opinion, and that it is important that everyone feel comfortable enough to express their own view on this list.

Russ