Re: RFC Editor model

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 04:59:49PM -0500, Adam Roach wrote:
> > That doesn't seem to be a terribly substative answer to the question,
> > why the decision had to be made in 2019, whether to put the contract
> > back out to bid in 2021, versus 2023?
> >
> > Could you perhaps add more substance to enlighten that particular
> > aspect of this issue?
> >

> Sarah has again beaten me to it:
>
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/rsfsZmG4yRkUv_sUUaGXGPxzNE4

With respect, that doesn't seem terribly responsive.  The best I can
find in that message is:

   Here, because there was a decent level of unknown raised by the new
   RSOC, we decided to run through the process early.

Let's try the five why's approach?  *Why* did you decide to run
through the process early, given the levels of unknowns?  What were
you concerned about that couldn't wait until 2023?

Enquiring minds want to know....

    	      	    	 	       	     - Ted