Re: RFC Editor model

Sarah explained the contract question already:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/IdUciHW3pdluk1m2pYaqk9JCj4c

I have nothing to add to her explanation, as there's really no more substantive detail regarding the contract than what she already included.

To your second query: I will point out that planning takes time, and no one wanted to rush the process.

/a