Re: RFC Editor model

from my pov, this discussion repeatedly descends to details of
contracts, process arcana, and other symptoms of the corporitization of
the ietf; while what we have done in reality is turn one of the mcentral
and most respected pillars of our culture into crass work for hire which
a person of talent and integrity would decline.  and one did.

the rfc++ bof, though it started in secret, at least came out in the
open in time to be discussed by the community and stopped.  the current
mess, which smells of a redux, stayed secret until there are only dead
bodies, beyond resuscitation.

so all we have left is trying to fix the process; when what we really
need is stewardship, integrity, and a real sense that we are here for
what used to be a shared vision of the internet.

randy