RE: Call for Community Input: Web Analytics on www.ietf.org

Hi Mark,

Agreed.  {tools, datatracker}.ietf would be next steps if the current approach proves itself on the smaller scope of www.ietf.

> For performance monitoring, are we going to be measuring the server-side
> view of page generation time, or from the client (i.e. using RUM)?

The details on how Matomo approaches page generation can be found here:

https://matomo.org/docs/page-speed/

The implementation choice between tracking API and Javascript will constrain how the measurement is done.

> Collecting errors -- e.g., JavaScript exceptions, those reported by CSP and
> similar facilities -- is extremely useful for finding problems on the site. Will we
> be doing that?

This is likely possible with the tool, but isn't considered in scope for this proposal.

Roman