RE: Call for Community Input: Web Analytics on www.ietf.org

Hi Paul!

If the analytics meet their intent, the desired would be expand them across all of the web properties (e.g., tools.ietf, datatracker.ietf).  However, in the spirit of starting with a smaller scope and getting operational experience, www.ietf was chosen as an initial target.

> > Providing a publicly-available summary of analytics data will be explored.
>
> Since I'm part of the data collection, it makes sense to me to see the end
> summary. I see no reason this should be restricted to the IESG and IETF
> Secretariat - unless you don't trust your anonymization ?

Agreed.  This hesitance is a matter of not overcommitting, and getting initial operational experience with this new approach to gather usage data.  Incomplete stats are currently shared at [1].

Thanks for the feedback.

Roman

[1] https://www.ietf.org/usagedata/