RE: Call for Community Input: Web Analytics on www.ietf.org

On Wed, 22 May 2019, Roman Danyliw wrote:

If the analytics meet their intent, the desired would be expand them across all of the web properties (e.g., tools.ietf, datatracker.ietf).  However, in the spirit of starting with a smaller scope and getting operational experience, www.ietf was chosen as an initial target.

Okay, but my example shows
Providing a publicly-available summary of analytics data will be explored.

Since I'm part of the data collection, it makes sense to me to see the end
summary. I see no reason this should be restricted to the IESG and IETF
Secretariat - unless you don't trust your anonymization ?

Agreed.  This hesitance is a matter of not overcommitting, and getting initial operational experience with this new approach to gather usage data.  Incomplete stats are currently shared at [1].

Ok. Fair enough.

[1] https://www.ietf.org/usagedata/

Ironically, that page connects to www.google-analytics.com :)

Paul