Re: Call for Community Input: Web Analytics on www.ietf.org

On Tue, 21 May 2019, Roman Danyliw wrote:

https://www.ietf.org/iesg/docs/www.ietf.org-AnalyticsProposal-forReview.pdf

The IESG appreciates any input from the community on this proposal and will consider all input received by June 4, 2019.

I'm a bit confused that tools.ietf.org is not included. It's where I go
mostly to read RFCs. (in fact, I google "rfc XXX tools" to not get any
ancient www.ietf.org text versions but the proper html version on
tools.ietf.org".

Providing a publicly-available summary of analytics data will be explored.

Since I'm part of the data collection, it makes sense to me to see the
end summary. I see no reason this should be restricted to the IESG and
IETF Secretariat - unless you don't trust your anonymization ?

Otherwise, the plan looks fine to me.

Paul