Re: travel funds for ietf for the next SCE talk?

On 5/12/19 8:53 PM, Joel M. Halpern wrote:

No, a fully-developed solution is not necessary.  But something more than a plaintive "there has to be a better way".  Particularly from someone like you who has been through all of this multiple times before.

My purpose at the moment is to see how much interest/willingness there is to reconsider some of the habits we've accumulated.   If there's insufficient interest, there's no point in going further at this time.  [*]

Many years in IETF have taught me that pitching a proposal prematurely does harm, because it prejudices people against considering the proposal later when the circumstances are more favorable.

Keith

[*] But I have seen signs of hope recently in IETF.  People are trying some new ways of running groups, as well as more ambitious technical ideas, and there seems to be increased interest in making remote participation more effective.  So I'm cautiously encouraged.