Re: IETF attendance costs

> On May 12, 2019, at 4:42 PM, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> But there's a problem. It's common for either the speaker or the chairs
> to ask "How many people have read the draft?" and to see fewer than 10
> hands go up. What's the speaker supposed to do except show her slides?

I think you mean what is the chair supposed to do. Perhaps they can limit discussions to those that read the drafts or viewed the slides.

Can also hold an interim the month before meeting asking for those presentations to be shared to help run an efficient meeting in a month time.

Minor process improvements here will go a long way.