Re: IETF attendance costs

On 5/12/19 4:30 AM, Stewart Bryant wrote:

On 11/05/2019 03:03, Keith Moore wrote:
Maybe all WG meeting presentations should be required to be made semi-Pecha Kucha style - strictly limited to 6:40 in time and no more than 20 slides.   The remainder of that slot would be reserved for discussions.

Unfortunately size does not fit all.

Indeed (and I did say that exceptions could be made).   But I suspect we'd make far better use of our time if we did something like this.   Strict adherence to Pecha Kucha is probably not quite the right model, it's just one that may be familiar to lots of people by now.   But we absolutely need to get out of the mode of assuming that IETF WG meetings consist mostly of presentations with a little bit of discussion squeezed in.   Instead of 90% presentation and 10% discussion, it needs to be closer to the other way around.

Keith