Re: [EXTERNAL] LLC Board Meeting Details - 1 May 2019

Hiya,

On 04/05/2019 23:09, Sue Woolf wrote:
> It seems to me that the pool of people who have the skills and
> inclination to serve on the IETF LLC board, and can donate their own
> or an employer’s time in a suitably unencumbered fashion, is small
> enough that we should be thinking carefully about adding additional
> constraints
I have thought carefully and am happy that I do not want
anyone in IETF leadership with non-disclosable potential
CoIs. While that may make the pool smaller, I'm happier
with a pool containing only folks who can explain to the
community why they do or do not recuse from decisions.
For me, that applies to IESG/IAB and now also the LLC
board.

And while that might take some good folks out of the pool
for some years, my guess is that those same people would
(with that constraint) be fine to include in the pool in
other years. I also think that this kind of constraint is
in the noise compared to sponsor-support.

And to reiterate, I accept that my opinion here is not
IETF consensus, but do think we'd be better if it were.

S.