Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: LLC Board Meeting Details - 1 May 2019

The LLC Board manages a budget, oversees the Executive director, and worries about getting sponsors to contribute funding to the IETF.   It is not engaged in setting IETF technical direction in any way.  It's the actual work of the IETF that I'm far more concerned about COI.

COI would seem much more relevant for IAB and IESG and even the NOMCOM itself which actually have the ability to set or influence IETF decisions and direction.  Yet we do not require any public disclosure of COI from any of those positions.

It seems we are proposing setting a much far higher bar for an administrative body than we do for the actual working bodies of the IETF.

glenn