Re: exploring the process of self retiring one's name from an RFC

On 20-Apr-19 02:44, Behcet Sarikaya wrote:
...> Alex, my suggestion is to write a new draft call it draft-someone-rfcxxxbis with the current text on the RFC minus you as the author.
> Maybe you can not submit it you need to ask one of the co-authors to submit.
> That draft may quickly be progressed to become a new RFC to supersede RFCxxx.

Why would the co-authors, the IETF, and the RFC Editor agree to a falsification of history? I suggest re-reading the novel "1984" for further elaboration of this point. Deleting authors is a very Stalinist approach to history.

  Brian (co-author of RFC7421, which by the way makes no recommendations whatever)