Re: cultural sensitivity towards new comers (was Re: voting rights in general)

On 27-Mar-19 08:07, Michael Richardson wrote:
> Salz, Rich <rsalz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     >> New participants could also stand to get some training.
>
>     > We offer newcomer's training on Sunday, and the same presentation a
>     > couple of times the weeks before the IETF.  Are there other things
>     > we could do? See https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/104/newcomers/
>     > and
>      https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/104/materials/slides-104-edu-sesse-newcomers-overview-for-ietf-104-00
>
> Mostly, it not the newcomers that need help being nice to newcomers.
> They need training on having appropriately thick skins.

Please read the 3rd paragraph at
https://www.ietf.org/about/participate/get-started/starting/
If you think that summary (which I drafted some years ago)
is wrong, somebody in the EMO directorate can presumably
get it updated.

   Brian