Re: Change of Affiliation

Speaking as the unindicted co-conspirator, who Magnus will be replacing ...

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 11:28 AM Adrian Farrel <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Of course, we know we can trust Mirja and Lars. It's not about impartiality,
it's about the appearance of impartiality.

SM is right, that we've been here before. No one died.

Alia and I sent a similar mail way back in February 2014. You can probably
find it in the archives. At that time, we opted to completely micro-manage
ourselves by writing details designed to cover every eventuality.

I think that Mirja and Lars have opted for fewer words, but the message is
the same.

It'll all work out fine.

Ironically, the first RFC I was responsible for after joining the IESG was https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc7026/, which neither Adrian nor Stewart could shepherd because they were both recused. So they moved the document to an AD outside the area, and that's why there is one RTG RFC that includes me in the datatracker history.

That was coming up on six years ago, but after we requested datatracker mods that allowed Benoit to focus on YANG, it is now possible to assign entire working groups to an AD outside the area. That's not likely to happen with Mirja and Magnus as ADs, but my point is that we've had the ability to do the right thing for a while, and we have even more ability to do it now.

And if it doesn't work out fine, the community is not shy about explaining what "fine" needs to be. So THEN it will all work out fine.

Spencer

Adrian