Re: Change of Affiliation

Dear IESG,
At 05:40 AM 13-03-2019, Mirja Kuehlewind wrote:
documents is one of the main drivers or contributors in these groups. A situation where at least one author and the responsible AD have the same affiliation is less rare and usually not necessarily seen as a conflict of interest, as least for wg documents where other individuals have been involved in the process and consensus was built by the whole group. However, whenever we get into a situation where a potential conflict or bias could be assumed, we will ask for the help of other members in the IESG, e.g. by shepherding a conflicted document by another AD outside the transport area if necessary. Still, if you think there is a conflict or bias that we overlook or are not handling appropriately, please talk with us, the rest of the IESG, or,
alternatively, the IETF chair and we will handle this carefully.

There can be potential impartiality issues when an author and the Responsible Area Director share the same affiliation. There is a thread in the mailing list archives about that topic.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy