Re: Change of Affiliation

On 2019-03-15 16:51, S Moonesamy wrote:
> Dear IESG,
> At 05:40 AM 13-03-2019, Mirja Kuehlewind wrote:
>> documents is one of the main drivers or contributors in these
>> groups. A situation where at least one author and the responsible AD
>> have the same affiliation is less rare and usually not necessarily
>> seen as a conflict of interest, as least for wg documents where
>> other individuals have been involved in the process and consensus
>> was built by the whole group. However, whenever we get into a
>> situation where a potential conflict or bias could be assumed, we
>> will ask for the help of other members in the IESG, e.g. by
>> shepherding a conflicted document by another AD outside the
>> transport area if necessary. Still, if you think there is a conflict
>> or bias that we overlook or are not handling appropriately, please
>> talk with us, the rest of the IESG, or,
>> alternatively, the IETF chair and we will handle this carefully.
> There can be potential impartiality issues when an author and the
> Responsible Area Director share the same affiliation.  There is a
> thread in the mailing list archives about that topic.

Yes, this is one case. However, in most cases that should not be an
issue if that is a WG consensus document. However, AD sponsoring a
document with Ericsson authors is not something I would do. Then I would
ask another AD to process that document and make the judgment if this is
suitable or not.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Network Architecture & Protocols, Ericsson Research
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: magnus.westerlund@xxxxxxxxxxxx