Re: Diversity considerations (was: Re: General non-confidential input to NomCom)

Hello, Kevin,

On 09/26/2018 11:37 AM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> Tomorrow I am speaking on Inclusion, Meritocracy & the Apache Way for
> ApacheCon in Montreal.
>
> Any suggestions of things to help improve inclusion that would be good
> to add to my presso?

I apologize for the timing of my feedback.

Here are some comments:

* Slide 5: Unless your audience is expected to be exclusively
US-centric, you shOuld probably include some sort of note and/or
reference to the legislation that defines the aforementioned
organizations besides noting that the ASF is registered in the US.

* Slide 32: With analogous considerations to those for slide 5, please
note that many countries have no concept of "April fools day". In some
cases, there might be analogous "celebrations" (such as "Dia e los
Inocentes" in at least some spanish-speaking countries).

Thanks!

Cheers,
--
Fernando Gont