Re: Diversity considerations

Hello SM

My open question was actually to poll the thoughts of the community on creating more diversity on NomCom
and other levels in IETF.

There is a plethora of articles/blogs... out there about diverse interview panels being key to achieving diversity.

Today, AFAIK (I may be wrong or unaware of unwritten rules)  it seems that company affiliation is the main diversity factor.
Undoubtedly, this is a good start but surely it can be augmented for other diversity considerations as well such as gender parity...

If we are committed on diversity and enlarging the pool of candidates then possible starting points could be
1. More diversity on the interview panels and other levels contributing to key selection criteria
2.. Mentorship to build a pool of future candidates
3. Rotations to create more opportunities to qualify for key selection criteria

Padma

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 12:54 AM S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Padma,
At 03:21 PM 26-09-2018, Padmadevi Pillay Esnault wrote:
>Thoughts?

The following might be of interest:
http://www.sigcomm.org/sites/default/files/ccr/papers/2014/January/2567561-2567572.pdf

Regards,