Re: Diversity considerations

Brian

On 9/26/18, 1:59 PM, "ietf on behalf of Brian E Carpenter" <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx on behalf of brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
However, we'd better face an ugly truth, which is that if the
    composition of the IETF as a whole isn't diverse, the NomCom will
    not be able to do much with that guidance. So IMHO a serious approach
    to diversity has to start at the input (who participates in the IETF),
    not at the output (who is nominated for the leadership).
<snip>

Your comment on the input brings into light an interesting perspective…

How much diversity we can expect at all levels of IETF process if we do not factor the type of input in?
If we want to be really serious about diversity at all levels then we should ensure the NomCom interview panel itself has enough diversity to avoid any unconscious bias.

Thoughts?

Padma