Re: AD Time

On Jul 30, 2018, at 7:45 PM, Mary B <mary.h.barnes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The idea of paid staff is a terrible place to go IMHO.  The organizations with paid staff have memberships - pay to play...

Okay, we both agree that if the IETF had to switch to paid membership in order to have paid ADs, that would be a reason not to have paid ADs.

Also, just to point out, ISOC pays about half our expenses right now, and ISOC _does_ have members.   In principle, ISOC already has the ability to exert influence on the IETF by withholding money.   Have they done that?   Is this, in practice, a problem?   If so, what are we going to do about it?  If not, why not?